Tuesday 23 February 2010

Glowing and Growing

Anthony Tesselaar's garden in the summer and his thoughts...


Strangely winter is the time I think most of summers past. Last year my garden looked glorious. I say this not in a smug way, but rather in gratitude because the reasons for all its beauty were out of my control: pleasant temperatures and ample, well-timed rainfall. All I had to do was to wander about outside then come inside to chant a mantra of sorts to anyone who was within earshot – “I can’t believe how much everything has grown”, or the other version of this which goes something like, “the plants are literally glowing”.

Glowing and growing – that’s all any good gardener wants, and I was lucky enough to have it happening in my garden because Mother Nature was being very generous. But then we all know she isn’t always so kind. Which is why it’s good to have a couple of aces up your sleeve, which I do. By way of explanation here’s an analogy...

You can read more on the Tesselaar website at http://www.tesselaar.com/




No comments:

Post a Comment